HOW TO GET FIT AT HOME
Fitness at Home With today’s busy lifestyles and with rising gym costs, there’s never been a better time to keep fit at home.
A home gym can be the most cost effective way of keeping fit, but you have to maintain motivation. If you don’t want to buy the equipment, you can hire treadmills, exercise bikes, rowing machines, x-trainers or vibration-plates from us for 4 weeks at a time or longer. Just call 0800 97 88 555 or email us at [email protected] Alternatively there are some fabulous fitness accessories on the market today to help keep up your motivation. Why not give one of these a try and let us know how you get on:
- A set of dumbbells can cost as little as £50 (one months gym membership…) You can do some reps whilst waiting for the kettle to boil or while you’re watching TV. If you have a bigger budget, why not try the truly compact and easy to use Powerblock. This fabulous piece of kit saves having lots of different weights.
- Swiss balls are another way of keeping fit while having fun. They are very inexpensive and are a great way to improve your core stability and strength.
- A skipping rope has to be one of the cheapest and most portable fitness accessories you can buy and it gives you a fantastic high-energy cardio workout whenever you want.
- Exercise mats are useful if you’re doing sit-ups or any floor exercises at home.
- Fitness DVDs can be a good way of maintaining motivation and they usually include songs from popular artists, so choose one that appeals to your music taste! You can even get DVDs that offer you bite size chunks of exercise programme to allow you to fit exercise into your busy life.
- Kettle bells are perfect for developing your strength, power and endurance. They’re available in differing sizes and colours.
- If you want to tone and improve your fitness, why not try a Resistance Training Rope/tube. They feature an elasticated rope with protective sleeve and are great for both upper and lower body workouts.