Beauty Tips from Hire Fitness
Want some great beauty tips? We all know how important looks are nowadays. It’s been reported that the average woman will spend more than £18,000 in her lifetime on products for her face alone. That’s a staggering amount of money for just one part of the body in our attempt to stay looking and feeling forever young. Our modern film, television and the media plays a part in our yearning desire to look good. We all want to look like our favourite movie star or television personality and will go to extreme lengths to get that perfect body and perfect face and hair.
So we’ve decided to help by putting together a list of home made beauty tips and tricks to help you achieve a fresher, younger looking you, without breaking the bank in the process:
1. Lip plumping lipstick: Peppermint oil is a natural lip plumper so rather than buying expensive lip plumping lipsticks, try adding a couple of drops of peppermint oil to your lips, allow to sink in and then apply your favourite colour lipstick for a super plumped effect.
2. Cucumber eye pads: Place chilled, thinly sliced cucumber over your eyes like eye pads and lay back and relax. The cucumber will help to reduce any swelling around the eye area and help smooth the skin.
3. Hydrate your skin: Drinking around 2 litres of water every day, helps to keep our skin clear, hydrated and plumped.
4. Home made face mask: To lift and tighten your face, try applying a home made face mask made from 2 tablespoons of plain yoghurt combined with 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice. Let it dry for around 20 minutes after which you’ll feel your skin tightening and firming. Then rince off with warm water.
5. Home made hair serum: If you don’t have any expensive hair products to tame those frizzy ends, why not try using cheap and cheerful vaseline. Apply to the tips and very lightly over surface frizzy areas. Works a treat.
6. Natural teeth whitener: If you want whiter teeth without having to spend out loads on expensive dental treatments, try mixing half a teaspoon of baking soda with half a teaspoon of water and mix to form a paste. Dip your toothbrush into the mixture and brush. Do this every other day and the gentle abrasive action of the baking soda will help to clean and whiten your teeth naturally.
7. Home made body scrub: If you don’t have any exfoliator for your body, try adding (1 quarter) sugar to (3 quarters) liquid soap for the perfect skin smoothing body scrub. You could add essential oils to give it some moisturising properties, pop it into a nice glass pot and give it as a lovely home made gift to a friend.
8. All round best product: Almond oil has to be our favourite all round best product. It is rich in vitamins A B and E and is extremely moisturising but gentle too so is great for all skin types. It can be used under your eyes before bedtime to help combat dark circles and fine lines. Use it on your face to plump up your complexion or on your body as a great moisturiser and even on your hair to help restore it to it’s former glory by stimulating hair growth and minimising breakage; it can be used as a pre-wash or even as a leave in serum after you’ve washed your hair. There’s more – it’s great for chapped lips in the winter and it can nourish your nails to keep them healthy and strong. And last but most certainly not least, gently rub a tiny amount of almond oil onto your eye lashes to help promote strong and extra long lashes.
Hire Fitness, West London