5 HABITS THAT WILL HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT
It doesn’t take much to ‘get back on the horse’ after a break from exercising. Whether it’s been a few weeks, a few months or even longer, these 5 habits should put you back on the straight and narrow to a happy and healthier lifestyle:
1. Aim to do at least 30 minutes of exercise each day, even if it’s a power walk to work or walking up and down stairs rather than using the lift.
2. Try to eat regular healthy meals and find an inner strength to say NO to unhealthy snacks and food. Instead of salt or sugar/fat laden snacks such as crisps or ice-cream, think about healthier alternatives such as home made pop-corn or Greek style yoghurt.
3. Conduct a range of fitness activities each week that include cardio, strength, stretching and toning to ensure every area of your body gets a workout.
4. Drink lots and lots of water every day. The amount you need to drink depends factors such as your age, weight, climate, how much exercise you do etc. However the Department of Health recommends we drink at least 1.2 litres of water every day which equates to around 6 or 8 full glasses.
5. Don’t start your get fit regime next week……start it NOW and maintain a regular pattern of exercise.